Conservative Friends of Turkey hosted a dinner with guest speakers Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP, Secretary of State of Housing, Communities and Local Government and His Excellency, Ümit Yalçın Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey.
We were fortunate to have two speakers ideally placed to strengthen the bond between Britain and Turkey.
The evening was organised to fundraise for a new initiative to support Syrian refugees in Turkey, Project Arkadash.
Project Arkadash is planning to start a social action project in Istanbul, in 2019.
Project Arkadash’s vision is to:
- provide a friendly caring, helping hand to those who have been deprived through crises
- to helping Syrian refugees
Project Arkadash values are:
- to help those who have been displaced through conflict
- to commit to building strong sustainable communities
- to commit to doing good for the whole (good for the community they go into)
- that family is of fundamental importance
- that all people should be treated with respect
- that everyone’s point of view has value.
The plan is to deliver a first action project in Istanbul in the summer of 2019, and provide sustainable logistics for the first and subsequent action projects.
Importantly, we want to build a network of activists, supporters and sponsors. Some of the attendees indicated that they wanted to volunteer and signed up.
Join me and volunteer for Project Arkadash Sign up #IamArkadash